The agents at Calvey Marine are pleased to work alongside the fantastic teams at the reputed European Shipyard Reimerswaal, based in The Netherlands. The highly skilled work carried out here is technically skilled, safe and always efficient to the project’s needs.
For over 30 years Shipyard Reimerswaal has been innovative, whilst providing a cost effective service for clients, and recently undertook a very impressive and varied project on the TSHD Charlemagne, for a period of 26 days.
TSHD Charlemagne Case Study
The TSHD Charlemagne is a twin-screw aggregate dredger and was built at the IHC shipyard for the Belgian-based operator Deme Building Materials.
The main design of the hopper dredger is to win, transport and discharge sand and gravel for the construction industry. The dredging system is 37% more powerful than that of similar dredging installations.
Reimerswaal undertook major repairs on the hopper dredger, utilising a range of skilled techniques over the month. During this period they completed the following expert repairs after their removal of the discharger:
- Removal/refit of feeder conveyor including chute and its supporting construction
- Adjusting the new conveyor/chute/construction to the discharger
- Removing the complete electric cabling and fit all new cables
- Exchanging wheel boxes
- Checking the complete construction for cracks and weld several crack
- Rust removal and repainting the complete discharger.
- Refitting the complete discharger onboard the vessel
- Unloading belts, longitudinal belt and inclined belt
- Removing the belts and idlers
- Renewing the complete supporting construction
- Aligning and fitting new idlers, driving pulleys and deflection pulleys
Long term projects
To make sure a ship performs well and functions smoothly, it is essential that regular maintenance and repairs are carried out in a timely and expert manner. Regular maintenance also helps to ensure the health and safety of not only the vessel, but the crew and cargo. Long term, this helps to save you time and money.
At Calvey Marine we have over 25 years’ experience in a variety of ship repair and conversion projects, working with some of the most renowned shipyard teams in the world. Read more about our ship repairs and underwater maintenance and get in touch with your enquiry today.